Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Following The Path - Book Review

Following The Path, 
The Search For A Life of Passion, Purpose, and Joy.
by Joan Chittister

"...The question of what each of us is meant to do in life is the question that no one can answer for us. It is the question of uniqueness. It is the moral imperative of every human life. To discover and pursue what we are called to do in life is the very fundament of happiness...." Sister Joan Chittister

   How can we define the good life? For each of us the answer is different and depending on the day we are asked the answer can also vary. There are questions that most of us are reluctant to ask ourselves. Am I happy? Have I chosen well? Am I doing what I want to do? Should I make changes? Is this the life I dreamed of? What desire is hidden deep within?  Am I in a holding pattern? Is it too late?  Am I doomed to repeating the past?
Following the Path: The Search for a Life of Passion, Purpose, and JoyIn August I sign up for Medicare, next January I celebrate my next birthday, this time next year I will be 65 1/2 ... pondering my life has been a familiar and reoccurring event. As I look around at my peers and contemplate my own past journey there are a lot of questions for me to consider ... some come with answers, while others are waiting to be revealed. I'm not sure I fully understand how I came to make the choices I did, or how my life would have (could have) been different if I had chosen differently. I haven't been feeling very confident about making "the right" choices going forward.


Have I gained wisdom during my journey. I certainly hope so. Will I recognize opportunities? Yes, I believe I have gotten better. Will I show up? ... for myself and for others in a new and better way? Yes. And yes. I pray that I will.

Sister Joan has distilled the process of making life decisions in this book. Her words will help you look back while moving forward. There is much to like here.





  

Disclaimer: This book was provided by the publisher for review. The thoughts and words are my own.
 








http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sister-joan-chittister-osb/following-the-path-excerp_b_1579131.html#es_share_ended

No comments: